Tart, aromatic, with a light body but deep flavor, this cider will win over your wine drinkers.
Deep crimson with a slight effervescence, medium acidity and bright fruit notes balanced with woodsy forest aromas. While it does taste like the wild apples it's made from, the elderberry brings bright berry flavors and interesting tannin, making it perfect for pairing with all types of cuisine.
This cider is part of Aaron Burr Cidery's Homestead series: About 90% of this cider is fermented wild apples, picked from forgotten apple trees in the woods and on abandoned properties around Sullivan County, New York. The other 10% is elderberries foraged from the Basha Kill wetlands.
Aaron Burr's cider is made in tiny batches from unsprayed apples and is incredibly hard to find. They only made 90 cases of this one! We won't have it available for long, so grab a bottle while you can.
DID YOU KNOW?
Hard cider was the original American beverage (it's basically all the colonial settlers drank!), and we're so excited that this delicious, historical beverage is suddenly popular again. We've tracked down the most incredible indie cider and perry on the market, all fermented from apples or pears using traditional techniques.
tip of the tongue
Elderberry plays well with cranberry, so consider pairing Homestead Elderberry Apple Cider with a standard Thanksgiving feast of roast turkey, mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce.
90% fermented wild apples, 10% foraged elderberries.
7.5% alcohol by volume. Comes in a 750ml bottle.