Hosting a meat up with some of your favorite carnivores? We know that a great filet mignon recipe can be a rare find, so when we saw this delicious one from Greensbury Market, we had to share it with you.
Our friends at Greensbury get their beef from Rastelli Foods Group, one of the country’s largest suppliers of organic grass-fed beef. Greensbury and Rastelli share a vision that cattle should be raised in a way that’s humane and sustainable – which, lucky for us, results in some of the tastiest steaks we’ve come across. One bite of the zesty, herby butter melting onto the juicy filet and you’ll be a tarra-goner.
Organic Grass-Fed Filet Mignon With Lemon-Herb Butter
4 grass-fed filet mignon steaks
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1 tablespoon chopped tarragon
Juice from one lemon
1. Preheat the broiler thoroughly until it is very hot.
2. Season organic grass-fed filet mignon steaks with salt and pepper and let them sit at room temperature while you make the lemon-herb butter.
3. Mix the softened butter with the tarragon and lemon juice and set aside.
4. Broil the steaks until they are done to your liking, about 3 minutes per side for a medium-rare steak.
5. Top the steaks with lemon-herb butter and serve.
Total time: 10 minutes
You did it! Well done.