What the fluff ever happened to Rice Krispie treats? These were some of our favorite lunch box treats when we were younger, yet for some reason they frequently take a backseat to other desserts. But not only are they delicious, they’re also super easy to make.
So, we’re taking it upon ourselves to help get these underrated classics back in the spotlight by giving them a Mouth-watering upgrade. Bake sales beware – these indie hacks are about to make you snap, crackle and pop-ular.
Fluffernutter Rice Krispie Treats
1. In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat.
2. Add marshmallows and turn heat to low. Stir until completely melted.
3. Add Fluffernutter. Stir until smooth.
4. Add Rice Krispies. Stir until mixed evenly.
5. Pour into a greased 9x9 pan and carefully smooth out so it is even in the pan.
6. Cut the peanut butter cups into quarters and sprinkle over the top.
7. Let sit 1 hour.
Let this date go down in history as the *official* start of The Rice Krispie Renaissance.
Stay tuned for the next in the series…