Spiced Candied Pecans
MADE BY QUINCE & APPLE | TREAT IN MADISON, WISCONSIN
You expect to be hit with a nostalgic taste of those fresh, hot roasted pecans you'd get as a treat from those city street-roasters, but what you get is so much better.
Something about whatever maker Sarah Marx Feldner sprinkles on these pecans (is it magic?) makes your eyes pop: they're salty up front, but then the flavor grows into a slow-burning, cinnamon-y heat, all without overwhelming a sweet pecan-pie base that we're totally crazy for.
Tip of the Tongue
TRY USING AS AN INDIE UPGRADE TO ONE OF OUR FAVORITE RECIPES:
Josie’s Kale Salad With Candied Pecans, Dried Berries And Blue Cheese
4 heads Lacinato kale
1 jar Spiced Candied Pecans, chopped
1 package Dried Cranberries & Blueberries
1 wedge Ewe’s Blue cheese, crumbled
4 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1. Wash and dry kale leaves. Using your hands, tear into bite-size pieces (discarding the stem) and place in a large serving bowl.
2. Make the dressing by whisking together olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
3. Using your hands, massage dressing into kale leaves and let sit for 10 minutes (this tenderizes the leaves).
4. To the kale add half the Spiced Candied Pecans, Dried Cranberries & Blueberries and Ewe’s Blue cheese. Toss to combine.
5. Before serving, top salad with remaining ingredients.
Total time: 12 minutes
Pecans, sugar, salt, spices
- Contains treenuts.
MOUTH EVERY MONTH
Small-batch, USA-made goodies delivered monthly to your door
For Mouths who are kind of a big dillFrom $54/monthSHOP NOW
For Mouths who love to noshFrom $58.50/monthSHOP NOW
For Mouths who take it cheesyFrom $76/monthSHOP NOW