Organic Roasted Almonds
It's a sweet life here at Mouth – at times, maybe a little too sweet. (We're often passed out under our desks after chocolate tastings!) That's why we were so thrilled when Allgood Provisions hit our tasting table. Hooray for savory!
These simply roasted California almonds still pack a heavenly crunch, but their smooth, salt-softened skins give way to toasted caramel-y (protein-rich) goodness.
tip of the tongue
TRY USING AS AN INDIE UPGRADE TO ONE OF OUR FAVORITE RECIPES:
2 pounds green beans (I use the pre-washed, pre-snipped ones to save time)
4 tablespoons Baja Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Red pepper flakes
3 garlic cloves, minced
½ cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
2 heaping tablespoons Whole Grain Mustard (3 for mustard-lovers like me!)
1 package AllGood Organic Roasted Almonds (about ½ cup)
1. Blanch green beans in a large pot of salted boiling water 3-4 minutes, then drain.
2. Coat a large skillet with 2 tablespoons olive oil and a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes (optional).
3. Add half the minced garlic and parsley, then half the green beans and a pinch of salt. Sauté until evenly coated with oil and thoroughly cooked (about 4-5 minutes). Put cooked green beans aside in a large bowl.
4. Repeat with the remaining green beans. (Depending on the size of your frying pan or if you double the recipe you might need to do this 3 or 4 times!)
5. Add mustard to green beans while they’re still hot and mix to evenly distribute. Finally, chop the almonds and mix them in.
6. Serve warm or at room temperature. If you decide to make the dish in advance, add almonds just before serving so they maintain their crispiness.
Total time: 20-25 minutes
Almonds, sea salt. Comes in a 2 oz bag.
NOTE: Made in a facility that processes tree nuts.
- contains treenuts.
- certified organic.