Ewe's BlueMADE BY OLD CHATHAM SHEEPHERDING COMPANY IN OLD CHATHAM, NEW YORK
Ewe guys! You're gonna love this go-to blue from Old Chatham. This side of the Atlantic, it’s the closest cheese to the French classic Roquefort. But, unlike Roquefort, which can be pretty biting, Ewe’s Blue’s peppery blue veins are balanced by sweet, rich, 100% Hudson Valley sheep’s milk cream. Baa-aaaa.
Ever since 10-year-old Tom Clark won a blue ribbon for his Hampshire sheep at the Dutchess County Fair, he knew he wanted to someday raise a flock of his own. Now, he and his wife, Nancy, own the largest sheep dairy in the United States.
Tip of the tongue
TRY USING AS AN INDIE UPGRADE TO A CLASSIC HOLIDAY DISH:
1. Wash and dry kale leaves. Using your hands, tear into bite-size pieces (discarding the stem) and place in a large serving bowl.
2. Make the dressing by whisking together olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
3. Using your hands, massage dressing into kale leaves and let sit for 10 minutes (this tenderizes the leaves).
4. To the kale add half the Spiced Candied Pecans, Dried Cranberries & Blueberries and Ewe’s Blue cheese. Toss to combine.
5. Before serving, top salad with remaining ingredients.
Total time: 12 minutes