Dry Cured Maple BaconMADE BY TENDER BELLY IN DENVER, COLORADO
OUR TASTEMAKERS SAY...
"What are eggs without bacon? Both savory and sweet, this is the perfect accompaniment to any breakfast dish." –Real Simple
“I don’t say this lightly: This is one of the greatest bacons I’ve ever had in my life, and I’ve eaten a lot of bacon. Forget the fact that the flavor is off the charts. It’s cut just a hair thicker than traditional ‘thick-cut bacon,’ which makes a huge difference. It holds together, so the fat doesn’t completely cook out but creates semi-rendered pork fat flavor pockets.” – George Motz (Make George's ultimate indie s'more recipe!)
When we fried up a few dozen different bacons to taste, Tender Belly's signature flavor stood out – we all went back for seconds. So we weren't surprised to learn that Tender Belly has strict standards for the way the pigs are raised or that Denver-area chefs have become totally obsessed with Tender Belly's pork and bacon. We know exactly how they feel.
tip of the tongue
TRY IT AS AN INDIE UPGRADE TO A CLASSIC HOLIDAY DISH:
1. Preheat oven to 450°.
2. Lay Brussels sprouts on a baking sheet and drizzle with enough oil to coat. Bake 40-45 minutes.
3. Halfway through baking Brussels sprouts, line another baking sheet with foil. Lay bacon slabs directly onto foil and bake 20 minutes on a rack above the sprouts.
4. When 45 minutes are up, remove bacon and Brussels sprouts from oven.
5. Place Brussels sprouts in a large bowl. Chop bacon and add to sprouts, along with a ½ jar of Chili Granola. Stir to combine.
6. When ready to serve, top with remaining ½ jar of granola.
Total time: 50 minutes