Chili GranolaMADE BY BAD SEED IN QUEENS, NEW YORK
"I like to use it in places I'd use hot sauce, so you can find me putting it on eggs, stir-frying it into rice or using it as a burger condiment. Inspired by a Bad Seed recommendation, I like to add a big scoop to a bag of Pipcorn Kettle Corn and shake it up for a fantastic spicy snack. And while it may seem crazy, I like it on top of Greek yogurt." –Craig, CEO
AS SEEN ON THE TODAY SHOW!
In this case, let hotter heads prevail. We didn't know we needed a spicy granola in our lives, until we tried this fiery, flavorful concoction from our friends at Bad Seed. It's unlike anything we've ever tried, but it does remind us (in the best possible way) of the spicy, crunchy bits at the bottom of a bowl of Szechuan dan dan noodles. So good!
This makes a totally standout stocking stuffer. (Indie Santa loves spicy!)
tip of the tongue
TRY USING AS AN INDIE UPGRADE TO ONE OF OUR FAVORITE RECIPES:
1. Preheat oven to 450°.
2. Lay Brussels sprouts on a baking sheet and drizzle with enough oil to coat. Bake 40-45 minutes.
3. Halfway through baking Brussels sprouts, line another baking sheet with foil. Lay bacon slabs directly onto foil and bake 20 minutes on a rack above the sprouts.
4. When 45 minutes are up, remove bacon and Brussels sprouts from oven.
5. Place Brussels sprouts in a large bowl. Chop bacon and add to sprouts, along with a ½ jar of Chili Granola. Stir to combine.
6. When ready to serve, top with remaining ½ jar of granola.
Total time: 50 minutes