Oy. It’s Friday. Inauguration Day. Anyone else ready for the weekend? No, it’s not 5 o’clock yet, but today deserves an exception. A pardon, if you will. Yes, it’s thyme for a drink.
Lucky for us, our friends at Square One Organic Spirits, made a berry delicious cocktail so fruity that it’s practically juice (aka totally reasonable to drink for breakfast). Their organic vodka is silky and full-bodied, with a smooth, clean flavor. It’s also richer than the neutral spirits you’re probably used to, which makes it a perfect addition to any mixed drink. Thyme is of the essence in this cocktail – no, really, the essence of thyme adds a savory element that is so tasty with the berries and simple syrup. So refreshing!
Bring on the brunch al desko.
2 - 3 sprigs of fresh thyme
A handful of fresh blueberries, huckleberries, or blackberries
½ lemon, quartered
1 ½ ounces Square One Organic Vodka
¼ to ½ ounces agave nectar or simple syrup
- Slap thyme to release the oils.
- Put 2 sprigs in the bottom of 10-oz. highball glass and then top with ice.
- In a mixing glass, muddle berries and lemon quarters.
- Add remaining ingredients and shake with ice.
- Strain into a rocks glass and garnish with thyme sprig.
Ahhh. Feeling better already. A little.