We’re obsessed with Halloween (as you may have gathered by now), which means we’re already in full Halloween party planning mode. (No, it’s never too early!) We came up with a great mashup of two of our favorite products, Krista’s Oatmeal Cookie Mix and PB&J Chocolate Eyeballs, and they’re definitely getting a spot on the dessert table. They’re fa-boo-lous, and scary easy to make.
We made Krista’s Oatmeal Cookies, following the recipe on the back of the box. Bonus: The box contains pre-measured molasses, flour/oat mix and sugar, so all you need is eggs and butter! Right when we removed the oh-so-good smelling cookies from the oven, we pressed a PB&J Chocolate Eyeball into the center of the still-warm cookie, jiggling a tiny bit until it set. We made sure to keep our hands cool and clean when handling the chocolate eyeballs so they wouldn’t melt or get fingerprints (and definitely snuck one or two along the way, of course).
The most challenging step? Waiting for the guests to arrive – lucky for them we were on our best FHB (Family Hold Back) behavior that day, or they wouldn’t have got any.
Peek-a-Boo PB&J Eyeball Cookies
1 box Krista’s Oatmeal Cookies
1 large egg
½ cup unsalted butter (melted)
16-18 PB&J Chocolate Eyeballs
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Set a baking sheet aside.
2. Pour sugar into a medium bowl. Beat melted butter in by using a whisk or fork until well combined.
3. Add egg to the sugar mixture and beat until combined.
4. Pour flour mixture into sugar mixture and fold together with a spatula until just combined.
5. Scoop heaping tablespoons of dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Space them 2-inches apart.
6. Bake cookies on the center rack of the oven for 8-10 minutes (we took them out at 8 minutes, so they were soft enough to press the PB&J eyeballs into), until the edges begin to brown.
7. Press one PB&J eyeball into the center of each cookie.
8. Let cool on the baking sheet for 3 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Yields 16-18 cookies
We want to see your spooky small-batch Halloween cookies! Show us @MouthFoods using the hashtag #MOUTHwatering!