Yes, we said chocolate + cheese. Rich and creamy and nutty and sweet and salty… the two are flavor soulmates. Chocolate contains a light amount of tannins (like wine), which goes perfectly with cheese.
Another thing we’re melting for? Potato chips. When the cheese and chocolate are melted together, the creamy sweetness of the cheese blends with the milky-smooth chocolate, and the salty bits of crunchy potato chips make it a truly addictive combination.
We love cheese. We love chocolate. We love potato chips. And we love them even more when they're all together.
Ready to glutton up?
Chocolate + Potato Chips Grilled Cheese
8 oz. cheese (preferably Swiss, or something equally melty)
4 tbsp. softened butter
1/2 bar of chocolate
2 slices white bread
1 handful potato chips
- Grate cheese.
- Warm a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Butter 2 slices of bread on both sides.
- Place both slices of bread in the skillet. On one, layer grated cheese and pieces of chocolate. Then sprinkle cheese to cover the surface of the other slice.
- Turn heat way down and cook low and slow in the pan until the cheese starts to melt and the underside of the bread turns a light golden-brown (about 5 minutes).
- Add a handful of crumbled potato chips to either piece, then flip the second slice cheese slide down on top of the one with the cheese and chocolate. Carefully flip the sandwich with a spatula and cook until the cheese is completely melted and both sides are a full golden-brown (about another 5 minutes).
Total time: 15 minutes