Yay, We're Hiring!
We're looking for hungry people to come join the MOUTH team. We've got a cool office conveniently located in DUMBO, Brooklyn. Craig's an awesome DJ, Sam is laugh-out-loud-spit-out-your-white-truffle-popcorn funny (ask him to do his British accent), and Kate or China will provide a steady stream of sweet and savory snacks. Take a peek below and shoot us an email to email@example.com with a resume, short bio, and anything else you think we should see (photos of your dinner?).
Now, if we may, a few general words about you, the ideal candidate:
You are: super smart, high energy, positive, collaborative, focused, coachable, intense, committed, driven, flexible, a team-player, analytical, creative, thrifty, decisive. And funny. You have a strong work ethic and a high level of discretion, integrity, judgement and responsiveness. You are detail-oriented but can also think big picture. You have kick-ass organizational and problem-solving skills, can juggle and meet deadlines, and navigate a fast-paced startup environment. Overachiever? Yes, please. Oh, and you're also passionate about indie food. In other words, you love tasting things on little wooden spoons.
Corporate Gifting Salesperson
The Corporate Gifting Salesperson is a crucial position, responsible for generating and growing a significant portion of revenue. This person will work closely with our Sales Director to focus on a year-round strategic approach, where a constant flow of large corporate or VIP orders will serve to even out the seasonal curves in online sales.
- Prospect and cultivate new corporate and VIP gift accounts, pursuing new potential customers from multiple industries such as law, finance, entertainment, publishing, media, tech, real estate, etc.
- Maintain, service and manage these accounts and relationships, as well as existing ones.
- Seek opportunities to develop ongoing accounts, such as conferences, events, industry festivals, weddings, hotels, etc.
- Work closely with the merchandising managers to curate appropriate gift bag selections.
Our ideal candidate:
- 3-5 years of experience in sales.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving skills, as well as a demonstrated ability to navigate a fluid, fact-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Confident, detail-oriented writing skills and the ability to communicate clearly and in the brand voice.
- A strong work ethic and a high level of discretion, integrity, judgement and responsiveness.
- Positive and proactive energy, a sense of humor and the ability to both work collaboratively and to get the job done.
- Other ideal qualities include: high energy, focused, coachable, committed, flexible, team-player, analytical, creative, decisive.
- An interest or passion for snacking and tasting things on little wooden spoons!
Reports to Sales Director and COO.
Marketing & Customer Acquisition Manager
We’re looking for a senior, growth-oriented, data-driven, analytical e-commerce expert with a proven track record of helping e-commerce sites increase traffic and customers. This person will jumpstart our already humming digital marketing and advertising efforts and will drive all paid marketing initiatives: SEM; Advertising; Display e.g., Retargeting and Other Paid Banner Ads, Email Marketing, Sponsored Content & On-Site Marketing. This is an ROI driven position, so the candidate must have a strong understanding of current digital marketing concepts, strategic analyses and best practices.
- Perform competitive analysis to understand how all the channels fit into the marketing ecosystem, what can be done better, and how to ‘win’ in the space
- Set up and analyze A/B and multi-variant tests that improve channel (email marketing primarily) and/or website metrics (pop-up performance)
- Set up all digital advertising opportunities: paid media launches through banner ads, sponsored content, etc.
- Work with our retargeting/prospecting partner to continually improve ROAS, e.g., in partnership with creative department set biweekly ad strategies for improving clicks and conversions, a/b test incentives, product placement, messaging and other key aspects; find new prospecting opportunities for display media, etc.
- Inform content creation and production across marketing platforms
- Oversee email marketing, e.g., schedule setting, products promoted, incentives, segmentation, a/b testing and track revenue and performance. Report to team with insights to inform our email marketing efforts going forward
- Draft and execute SEO and SEM strategies to drive engagement and achieve conversion goals
- Oversee programs to improve customer retention based on clear segmentation
- Create effective campaigns to increase AOV, cross-sell and upsell
- Manage all vendors on the paid media side - Provide weekly updates to the exec team
- Put together comprehensive marketing strategy for the year, including short-term and long-term forecasting
- Work with Community Manager to expand social initiatives
- Strategize with Analytics team
- Co-manage a marketing assistant
Reports to CEO and CCO
Customer Happiness Representative
Every interaction the consumer has with Mouth must be on brand, all part of one continuous, consistent and positive experience. So our Customer Support team plays a critical role, as they are true brand ambassadors.
- Answer inbound questions, issues, problems or complements from customers
- Respond by email
- Handle phone calls and live chat
- Work closely with customers to help answer questions about placing food orders and curate gift ideas
- Work closely with Operations and Fulfillment to expedite and follow through
- Continually work with CS Manager to update and revise Mouth Customer Service Style Guide (to be used as starting point templates for communications)
- Document Customer Service Issues + feedback for data use
- This is a Monday through Friday position, however weekend + night availability is necessary during our busier months (November/December)
- Reports to the CS Manager
- 1 to 5 years of relevant experience in ecommerce and/or startup environment.
- Strong ability to quickly read and analyze
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving + follow-up skills, as well as a demonstrated ability to navigate a fluid, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Confident, detail-oriented writing skills and the ability to communicate clearly + self-edit in the brand voice
- A strong work ethic and a high level of discretion, integrity, judgment and responsiveness
- We value positive and proactive energy, a sense of humor and the ability to both work collaboratively and to get the job done
- Other ideal qualities include: high energy, focused, coachable, committed, flexible, team-player, analytical, creative, and decisive
- Interest in indie, artisanal, small-batch food, spirits and wine is important
- Good handwriting
We’ve got data. Lots of it. Tons of it. Data about products, about customers, about marketing. And we need a guru to analyze it and visualize it so the management team can make more informed, strategic decisions. This is a crucial role in helping our company thrive as we grow, which we’re doing in leaps and bounds. We're hungry to find you, an exceptional data analyst, to join our highly collaborative team.
- Lead the data collection and analysis efforts at Mouth: help us decide what data to collect, work with our teams to get that data and analyze it.
- Synthesize and analyze data from different stores including Shopify, RJ Metrics, Mailchimp, Quickbooks, Google Analytics and more.
- Work with the technology team to collect additional useful data.
- Help us understand what’s already happened, and what’s likely to happen next by making quantitative projections.
- Proactively comb our data for trends that provide insights into our users and our business.
- Provide marketing, usability, and other recommendations based on data analysis.
- Work with our product team to build a long-term data roadmap with a holistic view of our company to understand the interaction between content, commerce and users.
- Keep on top of developments in the industry and in third-party software, and make recommendations about improving our data infrastructure. Take external factors and interpret their internal implications to the business.
Types of data you'll be looking at:
- Site traffic data
- Product sales data
- Marketing data
- Customer acquisition and behavior
- E-commerce data
- Data produced by marketing efforts
- Industry data
Position reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer. Applicants should submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spirits + Wine Gallery Assistant
We are looking to hire a retail assistant for our brick-and-mortar spirits and wine shop in DUMBO, Brooklyn, who is smart, organized, hard-working, eager, and passionate about indie spirits (and food!).
- Assisting customers and filling orders.
- Providing excellent customer service, which includes learning about a wide range of spirits and wine.
- Opening and closing.
- Keeping the storefront neat and clean.
- Stocking and restocking product.
- Other job-related activities as requested.
Our ideal candidate:
- Has a BA or comparable qualifications.
- Has previous experience in a retail or service setting.
- Is passionate and/or knowledgeable about American spirits and wine.
- Is friendly and personable with both customers and co-workers.
- Is a self-starter and excited about learning.
Employees will have the opportunity to learn about a wide range of spirits and wine as well as attend occasional wine and spirits tastings and industry events.
Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs and stand for several hours at a time. Hours will be approximately 3 to 8 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday, and Thursday 12 to 8 p.m. - plus additional hours as needed.
Send resume and brief bio to email@example.com.
We’re looking for a junior-level editorial and marketing writer to join our creative team. Ideal candidate will be smart, funny (without trying), super organized, collaborative, multi-talented—someone who can not only come up with genius ideas, but can also carry them through to completion with speed and obsessive attention to detail. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about food, and inspired by the people and stories behind the products we sell.
Writing Responsibilities Include:
- Product descriptions
- “Maker” bios
- Copy for subscription inserts and newsletters
- Blog posts
- Copy for corporate gifting materials
- Marketing copy
- Social media copy
- Proofread and fact-check
Our ideal candidate:
- Has a B.A.
- Has 1-3 YEARS experience writing digital content
- Is detail oriented and has excellent proofreading skills
- Is a little bit (or a lot!) tech-savvy
We’re looking for a senior level writer, editor and producer to oversee the day-to-day management of the website. Candidate should be smart, funny (without trying), super organized, collaborative, multi-talented – someone who can not only come up with genius ideas but can carry them through to completion with speed and obsessive attention to detail. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about food, and inspired by the people and stories behind the products we sell.
Our ideal candidate:
- Has a B.A. and at least three to five years experience writing and editing digital content
- Has experience writing for and/or editing a blog
- Is a meticulous editor who takes great joy in tracking down and correcting typos, broken links or inaccuracies
- Knows a bit about SEO, and isn’t afraid to learn more
- Is a little bit (or a lot!) tech-savvy
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage a small, fast-moving content team to produce effective, witty online food content, sometimes weeks ahead but often on the fly
- Write and edit product copy, “maker” bios, marketing materials and all other Mouth-generated written materials
- Run weekly content meeting
- Work with buying and photography teams to manage life cycle of new products, from sample approval to publication
- Oversee website publication schedule, including publishing new content and frequently re-merchandising in order to keep the site fresh and current
- Facilitate communication between content, buying, marketing and design teams
Position reports to the CCO.
Applicants should submit resume and writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.