Yay, We're Hiring!
We're looking for hungry people to come join the MOUTH team. We've got a cool office conveniently located in DUMBO, Brooklyn. Craig's an awesome DJ, Sam is laugh-out-loud-spit-out-your-white-truffle-popcorn funny (ask him to do his British accent), and Kate or China will provide a steady stream of sweet and savory snacks. Take a peek below and shoot us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume, short bio, and anything else you think we should see (photos of your dinner?).
Now, if we may, a few general words about you, the ideal candidate:
You are: super smart, high energy, positive, collaborative, focused, coachable, intense, committed, driven, flexible, a team-player, analytical, creative, thrifty, decisive. And funny. You have a strong work ethic and a high level of discretion, integrity, judgement and responsiveness. You are detail-oriented but can also think big picture. You have kick-ass organizational and problem-solving skills, can juggle and meet deadlines, and navigate a fast-paced startup environment. Overachiever? Yes, please. Oh, and you're also passionate about indie food. In other words, you love tasting things on little wooden spoons.
Manager of Corporate Sales
You'll be responsible for generating and growing significant revenue by buildinga client base of corporate gift givers and event planners, with a year-round strategic approach.
- Prospect and cultivate new corporate and VIP gift accounts, pursuing new potential customers from multiple industries such as law, finance, entertainment, publishing, media, tech, real estate, etc.
- Maintain, service and manage new accounts and relationships, as well as existing ones.
- Pursue event clients such as conferences, industry festivals, weddings, hotels, etc.
- Work closely with the merchandising managers to curate custom gift collections.
Our ideal candidate:
- 5 + years of experience in sales, with experience managing other salespeople.
- Outstanding, warm, friendly and charming interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to communicate clearly and in the brand voice, both in person and in writing.
You're a super creative, truly collaborative, brilliantly conceptual, multi-talented designer who can not only come up with genius ideas, but can also carry them through to completion with speed and obsessive attention to detail. You have excellent taste in type and a superior sense of layout, and understand the relationship between word and image. (Perhaps you even write yourself.)
Design responsibilities include:
- Marketing campaigns including regular eblasts.
- Features for the website such as homepage carousels and in-house ads.
- Digital campaigns for social media channels.
- Print pieces such as marketing cards, recipe cards, etc.
- Hard goods such as tote bags, tee shirts, other new products.
- Style and art direct still life photography and create images for social media.
- Proficient and nimble in Adobe CS, particularly InDesign and Photoshop.
You love food! You love the energy of a startup! You love tasting things on little wooden spoons! We are Mouth.com, an online store for indie food and tasty gifts. We're looking for smart, organized, eager, food-obsessed people to join our fulfillment operations team.
The day-to-day responsibilities will be varied but will include the following:
- Processing and expediting new orders
- Picking, wrapping, and packing orders
- Inventory processing and management
- Administrative support
Good handwriting is an extra bonus for gift card writing. Previous operations and warehousing experience is preferred but not required.
People who succeed at Mouth are high-energy self-starters with a strong work ethic; multi-taskers who can effectively solve problems; focused and committed team players, willing to jump in – no task too great or small. And with a sense of humor and good taste in music, of course.
This is a great opportunity if you are hungry to learn about all aspects of a rapidly-growing e-commerce food business.