Yay, We're Hiring!
We're looking for hungry people to come join the MOUTH team. We've got a cool office conveniently located in DUMBO, Brooklyn. Craig's an awesome DJ, Sam is laugh-out-loud-spit-out-your-white-truffle-popcorn funny (ask him to do his British accent), and Kate or China will provide a steady stream of sweet and savory snacks. Take a peek below and shoot us an email to email@example.com with a resume, short bio, and anything else you think we should see (photos of your dinner?).
Now, if we may, a few general words about you, the ideal candidate:
You are: super smart, high energy, positive, collaborative, focused, coachable, intense, committed, driven, flexible, a team-player, analytical, creative, thrifty, decisive. And funny. You have a strong work ethic and a high level of discretion, integrity, judgement and responsiveness. You are detail-oriented but can also think big picture. You have kick-ass organizational and problem-solving skills, can juggle and meet deadlines, and navigate a fast-paced startup environment. Overachiever? Yes, please. Oh, and you're also passionate about indie food. In other words, you love tasting things on little wooden spoons.
Customer Service Mouth
Every interaction the consumer has with Mouth must be on brand, all part of one consistent, positive and mouth-watering experience. Our Customer Service team plays a critical role, as they are true brand ambassadors.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage all inbound questions, issues, problems or complements from customers.
- Respond by email.
- Handle some phone calls and/or live chat.
- Work with customers to help answer questions about placing orders and curate gift ideas.
- Work closely with Operations and Fulfillment to expedite and follow through.
- 1 to 5 years of relevant experience.
- Strong ability to quickly read and analyze.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills, as well as a demonstrated ability to navigate a fluid, fact-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Confident, detail-oriented writing skills and the ability to communicate clearly and in the brand voice.
- A strong work ethic and a high level of discretion, integrity, judgment and responsiveness.
- We value positive and proactive energy, a sense of humor and the ability to both work collaboratively and to get the job done.
- Other ideal qualities include: high energy, focused, coachable, committed, flexible, team-player, analytical, creative, and decisive.
- Interest in indie, artisanal, small-batch food, spirits and wine is important.
- Good handwriting.
You love food! You love the energy of a startup! You love tasting things on little wooden spoons! We are Mouth.com, an online store for indie food and tasty gifts. We're looking for smart, organized, eager, food-obsessed people to join our fulfillment operations team.
The day-to-day responsibilities will be varied but will include the following:
- Processing and expediting new orders
- Picking, wrapping, and packing orders
- Inventory processing and management
- Administrative support
Good handwriting is an extra bonus for gift card writing. Previous operations and warehousing experience is preferred but not required.
People who succeed at Mouth are high-energy self-starters with a strong work ethic; multi-taskers who can effectively solve problems; focused and committed team players, willing to jump in – no task too great or small. And with a sense of humor and good taste in music, of course.
This is a great opportunity if you are hungry to learn about all aspects of a rapidly-growing e-commerce food business.