Yay, We're Hiring!
We're looking for hungry people to come join the MOUTH team. We've got a cool office conveniently located in DUMBO, Brooklyn. Craig's an awesome DJ, Sam is laugh-out-loud-spit-out-your-white-truffle-popcorn funny (ask him to do his British accent), and Kate or China will provide a steady stream of sweet and savory snacks. Take a peek below and shoot us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume, short bio, and anything else you think we should see (photos of your dinner?).
Now, if we may, a few general words about you, the ideal candidate:
You are: super smart, high energy, positive, collaborative, focused, coachable, intense, committed, driven, flexible, a team-player, analytical, creative, thrifty, decisive. And funny. You have a strong work ethic and a high level of discretion, integrity, judgement and responsiveness. You are detail-oriented but can also think big picture. You have kick-ass organizational and problem-solving skills, can juggle and meet deadlines, and navigate a fast-paced startup environment. Overachiever? Yes, please. Oh, and you're also passionate about indie food. In other words, you love tasting things on little wooden spoons.
We’ve got data. Lots of it. Tons of it. Data about products, about customers, about marketing. And we need a guru to analyze it and visualize it so the management team can make more informed, strategic decisions. This is a crucial role in helping our company thrive as we grow, which we’re doing in leaps and bounds. We're hungry to find you, an exceptional data analyst, to join our highly collaborative team.
- Lead the data collection and analysis efforts at Mouth: help us decide what data to collect, work with our teams to get that data and analyze it.
- Synthesize and analyze data from different stores including Shopify, RJ Metrics, Mailchimp, Quickbooks, Google Analytics and more.
- Work with the technology team to collect additional useful data.
- Help us understand what’s already happened, and what’s likely to happen next by making quantitative projections.
- Proactively comb our data for trends that provide insights into our users and our business.
- Provide marketing, usability, and other recommendations based on data analysis.
- Work with our product team to build a long-term data roadmap with a holistic view of our company to understand the interaction between content, commerce and users.
- Keep on top of developments in the industry and in third-party software, and make recommendations about improving our data infrastructure. Take external factors and interpret their internal implications to the business.
Types of data you'll be looking at:
- site traffic data
- product sales data
- marketing data
- customer acquisition and behavior
- e-commerce data
- data produced by marketing efforts
- industry data
Position reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer. Applicants should submit a resume to email@example.com.
GRAPHIC DESIGNER / ART DIRECTOR
You're a smart, super creative, collaborative, brilliantly conceptual, multi-talented creative who can not only come up with genius ideas, but can also carry them through to completion with speed and obsessive attention to detail. You have excellent taste in type and a superior sense of layout, and understand the relationship between word and image. (Perhaps you even write.)
- Marketing campaigns including regular eblasts.
- Features for the website such as homepage carousels, in-house ads, banners, etc.
- Digital campaigns for social media channels and online marketing/advertising
- Print pieces such as marketing postcards, product cards, other collateral, identity, packaging, etc.
- Hard goods such as tote bags, tee shirts, other new products
- Style/art direct still life photography and create images for website, marketing, social media
- Proficient and nimble in Adobe CS, particularly InDesign and Photoshop
Spirits + Wine Gallery Clerk
We are looking to hire a retail clerk for our brick-and-mortar spirits and wine shop in DUMBO, Brooklyn, who is smart, organized, hard-working, eager, and passionate about indie spirits (and food!).
- Assisting customers and filling orders.
- Providing excellent customer service, which includes learning about a wide range of spirits and wine.
- Opening and closing.
- Keeping the storefront neat and clean.
- Stocking and restocking product.
- Other job-related activities as requested.
Our ideal candidate:
- Has a BA or comparable qualifications.
- Has previous experience in a retail or service setting.
- Is passionate and/or knowledgeable about American spirits and wine.
- Is friendly and personable with both customers and co-workers.
- Is a self-starter and excited about learning.
Employees will have the opportunity to learn about a wide range of spirits and wine as well as attend occasional wine and spirits tastings and industry events.
Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs and stand for several hours at a time. Hours will be approximately 3 to 8 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday, and Thursday 12 to 8 p.m. - plus additional hours as needed. The hours are likely to expand as we move towards the summer months.
Send resume and brief bio to firstname.lastname@example.org.