Yay, We're Hiring!
We're looking for hungry people to come join the MOUTH team. We've got a cool office conveniently located in DUMBO, Brooklyn. Craig's an awesome DJ, Sam is laugh-out-loud-spit-out-your-white-truffle-popcorn funny (ask him to do his British accent), and Kate or China will provide a steady stream of sweet and savory snacks. Take a peek below and shoot us an email to email@example.com with a resume, short bio, and anything else you think we should see (photos of your dinner?).
Now, if we may, a few general words about you, the ideal candidate:
You are: super smart, high energy, positive, collaborative, focused, coachable, intense, committed, driven, flexible, a team-player, analytical, creative, thrifty, decisive. And funny. You have a strong work ethic and a high level of discretion, integrity, judgement and responsiveness. You are detail-oriented but can also think big picture. You have kick-ass organizational and problem-solving skills, can juggle and meet deadlines, and navigate a fast-paced startup environment. Overachiever? Yes, please. Oh, and you're also passionate about indie food. In other words, you love tasting things on little wooden spoons.
Corporate Gifting Manager
The Corporate Gifting Manager is a crucial position, responsible for generating, growing and managing a significant portion of revenue. The focus will be on a year-round strategic approach, where a constant flow of large corporate orders will serve to even out the seasonality of online sales.
- Prospect and cultivate new corporate and VIP gift accounts, pursuing new potential customers from multiple industries such as law, finance, entertainment, publishing, media, tech, real estate, etc.
- Maintain, service and manage these accounts and relationships, as well as existing ones.
- Seek opportunities to develop ongoing accounts, such as conferences, events, industry festivals, weddings, hotels, etc.
- Work closely with the merchandising managers to curate appropriate gift bag selections.
- Report to the CEO and COO.
Our ideal candidate:
- 5 + years of experience in corporate sales.
- Experience managing other salespeople.
- An active set of professional contacts.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving skills, as well as a demonstrated ability to navigate a fluid, fact-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Confident, detail-oriented writing skills and the ability to communicate clearly and in the brand voice.
- A strong work ethic and a high level of discretion, integrity, judgement and responsiveness.
- Positive and proactive energy, a sense of humor and the ability to both work collaboratively and to get the job done.
- Other ideal qualities include: high energy, focused, coachable, committed, flexible, team-player, analytical, creative, decisive.
- Ideally, some experience with luxury goods, gifts and food.
- An interest or passion for snacking and tasting things on little wooden spoons!
Send resume and brief bio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spirits + Wine Gallery Clerk
We are looking to hire a retail clerk for our brick-and-mortar spirits and wine shop in DUMBO, Brooklyn, who is smart, organized, hard-working, eager, and passionate about indie spirits (and food!).
- Assisting customers and filling orders.
- Providing excellent customer service, which includes learning about a wide range of spirits and wine.
- Opening and closing.
- Keeping the storefront neat and clean.
- Stocking and restocking product.
- Other job-related activities as requested.
Our ideal candidate:
- Has a BA or comparable qualifications.
- Has previous experience in a retail or service setting.
- Is passionate and/or knowledgeable about American spirits and wine.
- Is friendly and personable with both customers and co-workers.
- Is a self-starter and excited about learning.
Employees will have the opportunity to learn about a wide range of spirits and wine as well as attend occasional wine and spirits tastings and industry events.
Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs and stand for several hours at a time. Hours will be approximately 3 to 8 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday, and Thursday 12 to 8 p.m. - plus additional hours as needed. The hours are likely to expand as we move towards the summer months.
Send resume and brief bio to email@example.com.